Student Parent Resource Center

To Apply


To apply for funding for Summer quarter 2018 complete the childcare assistance application on-line beginning May 22, 2018.  In addition to the application students must complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA or WASFA and have it sent to the UW.  If you are an International Student you do not complete a FAFSA.  In addition to the Child Care Assistance Application you must complete the 2018-19 International Student Financial Statement Form and submit a copy of your I-20.  If you qualify, you will receive notification via e-mail within 3-4 weeks.

Eligibility requirements

  • enrolled at UW Seattle Campus
  • must be legal, physical, custodial parent of child
  • meet low income limitations
  • must pay Service and Activities fee any quarter receiving subsidy
  • must use Department of Early Learning (DEL) licensed provider not related by blood or marriage to student


The Autumn quarter 2018 Childcare Assistance Application is now available. If you will be enrolled Autumn quarter, need assistance paying for childcare costs and meet the eligibility requirements above, please complete the application as soon as possible as funds are limited.

Apply Now

2018-2019 Childcare Grant Award amounts*

The amount of childcare assistance is determined by the ages(s) of your children and your enrollment status.

Full-time (graduate student 6 credits or more, undergraduate 7 credits or more)
Infants (birth – 12 months)       $600 per month, $1,800 per quarter
Toddlers (1 – 3 years old)          $500 per month, $1,500 per quarter
Preschoolers (3 – 6 years old)  $400 per month, $1,200 per quarter
School Age (7 – 12 years old)   $150 per month, $450 per quarter

Part-time (graduate students 5 credits or less, undergraduate 6 credits or less)
Infants (birth – 12 months)       $300 per month, $900 per quarter
Toddlers (1 – 3 years old)         $250 per month, $750 per quarter
Preschoolers (3-6 years old)      $200 per month, $600 per quarter
School Age (7 – 12 yrs old)       $75 per month, $225 per quarter

*These are the maximum award amounts.  Adjustments may be made if a student does not have their child in care for a month or part of a month or if they are receiving outside childcare funding or if their actual childcare costs are lower than the grant amounts listed above.